Promotion for 2018 PCSC Educational Seminar was officially launched yesterday. It will be held at the Novartis Corporate Headquarters in East Hanover, New Jersey on May 15ththrough the 17th. This supply chain security event brings together those within healthcare, as well as folks in other industries and those that support those industries (transportation, insurance, warehousing, brokerage, etc…). Anyone who ships or stores goods can get value from what is presented. Held annually since 2006, this once-a-year supply chain security educational event has always been a popular, interactive instruction, opportunity.
Here is a description of just a few of the sessions in this year’s agenda:
- Keynote is John Sileo https://www.sileo.com/ John is the type of individual who is extremely entertaining – while getting his point across in a very meaningful way. He’s spoken on all the major media networks, as well as in front of many Fortune 500 firms, about the importance of Social Engineering. His topic will be: Cracking the Art of Human Hacking and Fraud Training
- A deep dive into “Background Checks” – both personal and Corporate. Rob Jones of Cisivewill talk about the background check process as a part of a holistic supply chain security program
- Crime Forecasting: Steve Longo of CAP Index will talk about the value of crime forecasting, in relation to issues like burglary, theft, and other crimes that could affect the integrity of your supply chain
- Supply Chain Risk Management Mapping: Jon Sundstrom from Resilinc will talk about, among other things, gaining multi-tier visibility and standardizing risk scoring across suppliers, sites, and products – to identify potential issues within your supply chain and fix them
- There will be open demonstrations of GPS Tracking Technology. Several GPS vendors have been invited to display their products during a special session – which may include some “outside” demonstrations of how the technology works
- Barry Conlon of OverHaul will describe the latest Integrated Technology Advancementsin shipment monitoring – which take overall shipment “tracking” to a whole new level
- Cargo Theft Case Studies: SAC John Cannon of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation will highlight a number of cargo theft investigations he and his unit have conducted (both pharma and non-pharma) to give you an idea of vulnerabilities they have witnessed – to help keep your supply chains secure
- Cargo theft “Table Top Exercise” Several of you may have heard of this presentation before, as I’ve conducted it for United States Customs, Mexican Customs, and a large number of different trade associations. This is truly an audience participation exercise where we take you through the “behind the scenes” activity when a loss occurs – from a law enforcement prospective; those that track shipments (if GPS technology is being used); what might occur internally within your own organization; and from a regulatory prospective (in the case of pharma). This two-hour session will be conducted on the morning of the last day of the event.
- Warehousing Security Vulnerabilities From intelligence gathered on previous warehousing burglaries, some points of emphasis to keep your facilities safe and secure
- Eleven more just as interesting, and timely, supply chain security sessions…
This is the first seminar under the HDA’s now direction of the Pharmaceutical Cargo Security Coalition. As you know, the PCSC is no longer an “ad hoc” Coalition but now a full-time, staffed, service offering within the Healthcare Distribution Alliance. To support that there will be a small fee associated with attending this year’s event. By obtaining a PCSC membership(Corporate, Service Provider, or Individual) the fee to attend this seminar (and other selected HDA yearly events) would be less. PCSC membership information can be obtained here: https://www.hdapcsc.org/membership. As always, membership, as well as attendance to this seminar, is completely free to anyone in law enforcement, government/military service, or academia.
To register for the event see this link: https://www.hdapcsc.org/events-and-awards/2018-hda-pcsc-educational-seminar. There are also seminar sponsorship opportunities available. Sponsoring the 2018 PCSC Educational Seminar is an effective way to enhance your company’s exposure, build relationships with decision makers, and boost your brand. Cisive, Sensitech, and 7P Solutions have already, graciously, offered to help sponsor this event. For more information about sponsorships contact Lisa Kanfer of the HDA at (703) 885-0270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Senior Director – Healthcare Distribution Alliance
Pharmaceutical Cargo Security Coalition