Cargo Screening Facility Information System (CSF I/S)
CSA’s Cargo Screening Facility Information System (CSF I/S), built with proven Regiscope® components and technology, allows operators of cargo screening facilities to verify the identity of all personnel involved in the transportation, handling and screening of cargo to authorize access, ensure security of the cargo and fully document all receipts and transactions including capture of time-stamped data, documents, images and routings associated with the process for the purpose of establishing and proving chain of custody, generating all required administrative reports and enabling ex post facto track and trace of all information associated with screened cargo, should this become necessary.
Cargo Screening Facility I/S Components:
- Visitor Cam identifies facility visitors and verifies their legitimacy. Records a digital image of all visitors, delivery people, contractors and their ID documents, prints a customized visitor’s badge and logs them in and out of the facility. Permanent color photo ID cards are provided for employees to control access to security gates and electronic door locks. Optionally, the system conducts instant background checks.
- Cargo Cam identifies and registers drivers and personnel who deliver freight to, and transport it from, the facility, verifying the driver’s license with automatic warnings for suspect or expired identification. Cargo Cam records digital images of all personnel and scans in their documentation and Bills of Lading, providing instant access to transaction records. Optionally, the system conducts instant background checks, comparing driver information against standard and custom watch lists.
- Screening Cam documents the cargo screening process by capturing visual images of screened cargo in digital form and generating uniquely numbered, bar-coded tamper-evident seals for each screened item to establish a secure, verifiable chain of custody. Optionally, Screening Cam can be interfaced to screening equipment to capture and record data and digital images associated with screened cargo, providing detailed documentary evidence of the screening process and the contents of screened items.
- Report Center All components of the CSF I/S are integrated via LAN and a secure database. The database is populated with all relevant information including driver, visitor and employee identification and photos, Bills of Lading, Master / House Airway Bills, visual and scanned cargo images in digital form and seal numbers associated with screened cargo. Standard activity reports are generated periodically and on-demand, including all reports required by the TSA’s Certified Cargo Screening Program (CCSP). Report Center allows instant access to shipment information through seal or waybill numbers, or any other related information for tracking purposes, should it be necessary. CSF I/S is easily expandable; local and remote servers can be interconnected as needed via LAN or internet, and also interfaced to remote data bases for purposes of background checks, if authorized.
- Operations Analysis and Scheduling Optionally, data collected by CSF I/S can be used to analyze facility process flows, isolate inefficiencies and optimize cargo movement and screening operations. The same data provides a platform for planning and scheduling applications to facilitate collaboration among shippers, logistics providers and air carriers.
Screening Cam: a typical configuration
Cargo Screening Facility I/S Benefits:
- Built on proven, reliable, easy-to-use Regiscope® technology
- Integrates driver, employee, visitor and cargo documentation, screening process and chain of custody data to verify personnel identity, ensure cargo security and prevent unauthorized facility access, tampering, theft, and terrorism.
- Provides instant access to shipment information through seal numbers or any other related information for tracking purposes.
- Generates operations and TSA required reports on demand; eliminates extra paperwork and reduces administrative costs; readily accessible digitized information eliminates the need to store paper records and the associated archiving costs.
- Data collected can be used to analyze process flows, isolate inefficiencies and optimize CCSF operations.
- Provides a platform for collaborative planning and scheduling applications to speed the flow of cargo through the supply chain.